Pumpkin patches, cooler weather, colored trees–they all signal that fall has arrived! This time of year also means that kiddos get a little extra time away from school during fall break.
If you are staying in town, here is a checklist of 14 things to do during fall break in & around Carmel, IN.
1. Visit Midtown & walk the Monon: The Monon Trail is beautiful during the fall, and the weather is still nice enough for an outdoor walk. Grab a smoothie from Pure Green or a coffee from Java House in Midtown plaza, play a game of ping pong, pool, or shuffle board, and then walk the Monon one afternoon.
2. See a movie at Flix Brewhouse: Grab dinner and catch a Halloween themed movie at Flix Brewhouse in Carmel, IN. Checkout showtimes and buy tickets, here.
3. Adventure at Koteewi Park: Make the drive up to Noblesville to visit Strawtown Koteewi Park for a day's worth of adventure. Go horseback riding, shoot bows and arrows at archery targets, visit a Native American village site, or check out the high ropes course. Some adventures have age restrictions (must be 8yrs old to do high ropes course), but things like archery and horseback riding have modifications for kids 7 and under!
4. Visit an area Pumpkin Patch: Indy’s north side houses a couple amazing pumpkin patches and apple orchards. Go pick out the best pumpkin to carve, bring it home, and carve a cool design in time for Halloween. Find all the info on north side patches, here.
5. Cook up something special at Sprouts Cooking School: Carmel is home to one of the only kids cooking schools! Register your kids for a cooking class and they will learn how to whip up something special. Classes start as young as 3 years old! More information and class times, here.
6. Laser Tag at Laser Flash: Grab your friends and head over to Laser Flash in Carmel for a classic game of laser tag. This activity is recommended for kids 7 years or older. Find ticket information and hours of operation, here.
7. Grab a gourmet treat at Gordon’s Milkshake Bar: Located at 816 W. Main St in Carmel, the Milkshake Bar is home to some of the most picture perfect milkshake creations. Check out what you can expect to see (and taste) on their instagram feed.
8. Jump at an area trampoline park: Indy is home to some awesome trampoline parks that will burn off a full tank of kid energy. Our favorite for little kids is Sky Zone Indy North in the Castleton area. You can also find Adrenaline and Urban Air on the north side.
9. Design your own scent at Penn and Beech: Located in the heart of Midtown Plaza, Penn and Beech Candle Co. offers walk-in candle pouring. You can choose to mix and match different scents to create your own scented soy candle to take home.
10. Climb at Hoosier Heights: Take a trip over to Hoosier Heights and make a day out of climbing to new heights! This activity is fun for kids 4+. Kids under 6 are free to climb. Hours and entry information, here.
11. Checkout a FUNtime Open Gym at Wrights Gymnastics: Check out the new Wrights Gymnastics location at Grand Park in Westfield, IN for an hour of open, unstructured play in the gym. Register for FUNtime, here.
12. Pick something to paint at Color Me Mine: Pop into the Color Me Mine studio at Clay Terrace to pick and paint your own creation! On Mondays, they offer $1 studio time for kids 5 and under. For more information, check out their site here.
13. Visit the newly renovated Carmel Main Library: After being closed for 2 years, the Carmel Main Library reopened it's doors on October 1st, 2022. Head over there and check out the new space during your fall break!
14. Checkout Zoo Boo or the Children's Museum Haunted House: Head downtown Indianapolis to check out two of the most popular fall themed kids attractions in our city--ZooBoo and the Children's Museum Haunted House! Hours and dates for Zoo Boo and the haunted house are linked.